Friday 24 June 2011

Nanda Hot Sexy Indian Actress Biography Photos Videos

Nanda Biography
Nanda, a star of the '60s and '70s known for working with new heroes of her time relives the old memories. Daughter of producer, director and actor, Master Vinayak (Vinayak Damodar Karnataki), Nanda was the third born in the family comprising of seven brothers and sisters. "Sometimes I used to wonder why, in a family as big as mine, I was the favourite child of my parents. My father and mother (Sushila) were, to me, like a god and a goddess. My father used to relate stories of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Capt. Laxmi, Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru etc. My parents were instrumental in imparting high moral and cultural values in all of us. This is the time when the young girl dreamt of becoming another Capt. Laxmi."

When Nanda was 5 years old, one day her father came up to her and said, "You have to work in my film." The young girl was taken aback and for a moment saw her dreams of becoming a second Capt. Laxmi being shattered. "He tried his best to cajole me in agreeing but I put my foot down and said "Nothing doing". Later my mother pacified me into giving in, saying, "Your father loves you and that is why he chose you to star in his film. Later when Nanda gave her nod, to her surprise, she was told that she would have to play a boy in the film. "I wondered why did he have to choose me when my father could have taken any of my brothers to play a role? After much explanation I agreed to do the film and that was Mandir (1948). While making the film my father expired. After his death, Dinkar Patil completed the film. Having tasted filmdom, Baby Nanda decided to do films besides attending school. First she did Jaggu(1952) as a child artiste in which Shyama was playing the heroine. In 1954 she did Shankaracharya and Jagat Guru. In the same year she did Angaray directed by K.B. Lal that starred Nargis and Nasir Khan and had a good supporting cast that included Vanmala, Jagirdar, Jeevan among others. "Then she did Dinkar Patil's Kuldaivat followed by Shevgacha Shenga produced by Sadashiv Row Kavi and directed by Shantaram Athavle.

Once there was a wedding at V. Shantaram's place. "He called up my elder sister Meena and requested her to also get me for the marriage but with a saree on. I did the same and in the middle of the party, Shantaram came up to us and promptly told Meena, "She is the heroine of my next film." But when Meena said that I looked too young to be a heroine of a film, Shantaram shot back saying, "The story of my film involving a brother and a sister demands a young girl and I am sure Nanda will fit the role perfectly." The film was Toofan Aur Diya(1956) and this was the first Hindi film of Baby Nanda's career. "After that there was no looking back and I decided not to pursue with my studies any more. And the girl Baby Nanda became Nanda."

As I changed tracks, offers started pouring in but I started getting sister-roles. On these lines I got Bhabhi and Dulhan (1957), Agra Road, Pehli Raat and Chhoti Bahen(1959) and Kala Bazar (1960), After Chhoti Bahen became a very big hit, people started signing me as a heroine. I started getting good offers and my first few films were Hum Dono (with Dev Anand in 1961), Char Diwari (with Shashi Kapoor in 1961), Aaj aur Kal and Usne Kaha Tha (both with Sunil Dutt in 1963). Soon big banners started approaching me with good offers. "I excelled in doing emotional roles. It was said in filmy circles that it was first Meena Kumari and then me who excelled in doing emotional type of roles," avers Nanda.

For Nanda, romance didn't come when it was needed the most; and when it came, a stroke of bad luck never allowed her to make the most of it. Her affair with Manmohan Desai was shortlived as within two years after their engagement on June 18, 1992, Desai expired. "This phase was the shortest and the sweetest phase of my life. In this period I came to know what is love, in fact I learnt the reason to live. Though Manji and I never worked together, we fell in love with each other. "You are like a goddess and am very fortunate to have you in my life," he had said, recalls Nanda adding, "We were supposed to get married. That was the time when my mother contracted Cancer and I being deeply attached to my mother was constantly besides her. Manji said, 'I will not marry you now. If I do so, your love will get divided between your mother and me and that is what I don't want,' he had stressed. Nanda's mother expired in 1993 while in the following year she lost Manji

Nanda 
Nanda 
Nanda 
Nanda 
Nanda 
Nanda 
Nanda 
Nanda 
Nanda 
Nanda 
Jane Chaman Shola Badan - Nanda, Manoj Kumar, Gumnaam Song
Yowun Wasanthaye - Nanda Malini - From the Sinhala Film 'Diyamanthi' (1976)

2 comments:

  1. Adoring Great Nanda!

    There was a famous song got eternity when graced by filming on you - "Tum hamain piyar karo yaa naa karo, ham tumhain piyar kiyay jain gey, chahey qismat main khushi ho keh na ho, yeh gham bhi utha kay ham jiyay hi jaain gey." Wah Nandaji you have proved it true. You are such a great lady who selflessly gave to the world with all exceptional glamour and glitter every love, smiles and pleasures to happily live and rejoice in your splendor and grandeur, but for your ownself what - sacrifices and tragedies in life and an ungrateful world to still call you yesteryears or reclusive heroin. For you heart goes out. You are heroine of all ages and times never to recede in historym unbeatable, unmatcable and non immitable having outperformed and outclassed everybody with your superior talents. Really you are legend and Devi and will ever remain alive to rule. God bless you always.

    S. Israr Ali, Houston, TX. USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paragon of beauty and splendor, adoring great NANDA, outperformed and outlived everybody with her superior talents all through lived with grace and dignity. Where all beauties reach their climax, Nanda's beauty begins. She is unmatchable, unimmitable and an example of none but of her ownself having selflessly given to this world her fragrance of every love, smiles and joys to be happy & rejoice in her splendor and grandeur. A legend maker and legend of the legends. A unique and full of serene stunning unfaded beauty of heart and soul of all times and ages created by her Creator in his leisure hours with finest of biological chemistry and a very loving heart never to fade and to ever remain with all the splendid fragrance to continue illuminate this world with love, smiles and joys. Her's are the like who are seldom born and once born become eternal. A fine gift by her creator & a Devi to me. God bless her always. S. Israr Ali, Houston, TX. USA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...